Recent content by RuckusRails

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. RuckusRails

Pure Santa Fe

Great shots Mark, what a way to take ya back!
  2. RuckusRails

Aaprco Kansas City Chief Special

Thanks Mark! Early next year the train will take the Sunset Route to New Orleans from LA. One more... Buckholts, TX: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=378450
  3. RuckusRails

Aaprco Kansas City Chief Special

It is a great looking train and made for a good chase. Cameron, TX: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=378394&nseq=0 Temple, TX: http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=378390&nseq=1
  4. RuckusRails

Do you think EMD will ever build a DD90ACe?

The closest you may see is if any SD70ACe or SD9043MAC units make it to Brazil and become a BB70ACe or BB9043MAC, if that is even possible. Similar to this old DRGW SD40T-2 that became a BB40T-2: http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/pictures/3812/4822_GM_BB40_2_Oficina_de_Divinopolis_18_07_06_4.jpg
  5. RuckusRails

24 Hours at Saginaw, TX

Great shots Mark, it was a fun time out there this year despite the low train count. I didn't take many photo's as I ended up chatting the day and night away with others. I can be seen with my little one taking a shot of the Roadrailer in your photo above. Burnt orange cap is Ruckus, pink shorty...
  6. The Battle for Tower 55

The Battle for Tower 55

Winter weather at Tower 55 froze switches requiring several crews to work non-stop to keep the trains rolling. Every switch had to be thawed to be lined ahead of every train approaching, a slow process. Although it took a long time to get a train through, they did manage to keep Tower 55 open.
  7. RuckusRails

Warbonnets On Parade

Kinda takes ya back doesn't it? Nice reminder of the good 'ol days, good work :)
  8. RuckusRails

SRN Genset Unit

Now we're talkin'! Excellent catch and photographs Mark :)
  9. RuckusRails

A Day Out on the TTI

Very interesting operation, nice photo's!
  10. RuckusRails

How To Be A Foamer

IMHO, the term foamer is derogatory and ridiculous. I don't know what's worst, the railroads calling us that or the railfans calling themselves that. We all have seen the type though...... Exhibit "A", note the crew member signaling WTF!?
  11. RuckusRails

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2011

I was thinking the same thing, looking forward to more.
  12. RuckusRails

Nicknames for unique BNSF paint schemes

I'd like to see a photoshop of an H3 with the orange replaced with cascade green and the black power bar lettering and yellow stripes changed to white. Or, maybe the orange changed to War Bonnet red and the black changed to silver with WB red lettering. Would be neat if BNSF implemented the nice...
  13. RuckusRails

Amtrak Anniversary Unit traced

It is on the NB Texas Eagle, train 22. Should be approaching Longview, TX now. If you know what train it's on, you can get updates on arrival times via Amtraks website.
  14. RuckusRails

UP Super Bowl Special

Yes, the Arlington to Austin train (SARAU-07) is a "Government Affairs Special". To meet the likes of Rick Perry and "Leslie" :D
  15. RuckusRails

Another Krispy Kritter

GE [gee-ee ] - cause to undergo combustion or be consumed partly or wholly by fire.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)