Recent content by Rick A

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

Some of the old Ashton catalogs are now posted on archive.org https://archive.org/details/ashtonvalvetradecatalogs
  2. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

1895 catalog Pt 2
  3. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

I just picked up a circa 1895 copy of an Ashton catalog. Only 12 pages! The one for 1896 had 75 pages.
  4. Rick A

Vintage Steam Era parts and fittings catalogs.

Pittsburgh Gage & Supply Company Blue Book of Supplies : Catalogue No. 12 by Pittsburgh Gage & Supply Co. 1913 https://archive.org/details/PittsburghGageAndSupplyCoCatNo12/page/n3/mode/2up?q=ashton
  5. Rick A

Steam whistles, hot air, and collectors

I was recently contacted by a man who purchased an Ashton 3 chime whistle at a sale a few years back. It's a beauty. He sent me some pictures of the whistles. Take a look.
  6. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

I recently picked up this quadruplex RR gage.
  7. Rick A

Safety Valve Data 1909 article

An interesting article, Safety Valve Data, from the July 1909 edition of STEAM magazine.
  8. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

I reeently picked up an old Ashton gage , unused and in it's original packaging.
  9. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

And a few more.
  10. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

Part 2 from the 1941 Gage cataloh.
  11. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

Here are some pages from the 1941Locomotive Gage catalog
  12. Rick A

The 20th century guide for Diesel operators 1922

The 20th century guide for Diesel operators; a practical book for operators, schools, libraries and those interested in Diesel operation 1922 by Rosbloom, Julius, 1877-1950; Sawley, Orville R https://archive.org/details/20thcenturyguide00rosbrich/page/n7/mode/2up?q=ashton+caisson+pressure+gauge
  13. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

Here's part 2
  14. Rick A

Ashton Valve Company

In the 1922 book, "The 20th century guide for Diesel operators", there are a couple of articles involving Ashton Valve products. The link to the entire book is below too. Part 1...
  15. Rick A

The Safety Valve Journal and F.E. Saward

The Safety Valve Journal and F.E. Saward The Safety Valve Journal was one of the best steam age journals around at the turn of the century (according to the publisher!). I'm not sure when it was started and the oldest copy I found on Google books is from 1890. The journal was taken over by a...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)