Recent content by RBMNfan

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. R

Wilmington and Western.

I caught the W&W passenger train when stuck in traffic on rt 41.
  2. R

NS 8102 Pennsy in Pasco

A thing of beauty!
  3. R

Src

I caught this guy on the opposite side of the road.
  4. R

Train derailment in Lancaster,PA

http://www.wgal.com/news/susquehanna-valley/lancaster/3-freight-cars-derail-in-Manheim-Township/-/9704306/16961740/-/j7l5c1z/-/index.html Update over the computer. Currently the Amtrak Harrisburg Line is closed at Paradise Pa due to electric lines down and possible fire- heard over the Fire...
  5. R

Train derailment in Lancaster,PA

3 rail cars derailed in Lancaster PA. I don't know how to post a link from my smart phone. We have had 3 train accidents within the last month in central PA. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. R

short line stock options

How much money do you have? If you have a million or two you might become a part owner of a shortline. Those that are privately owned are like most small business's. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  7. R

Family Lines System Questions.

I don't know if you saw it or not, bluford shops has several Family Lines cabooses and they were orginally an MP design. sent from my thunderbolt
  8. R

Has technology really made the hobby (and your life) better?

What technology? Oh, the thing attached to my ear. I always have a digital camera on me. The hard part is making sure I spend time getting important things done which is why my smart phone doesn't have games. The parts of life that require hard work don't get easier with technology, unless its...
  9. R

Family Lines System Questions.

I don't know the answers to your question, but 'Family Lines' started out as a coalition of small to medium corporations not a single large company. So I would guess that their was a lot of varity in the equipment and train symbols. When the companies decided to merge they became part of...
  10. R

Railroads with out locomotives.

You misunderstood the point, this railroad exists for tax, accounting or legal purposes. It otherwise is a part of BNSF or UP, whichever one owns it. sent from my thunderbolt
  11. R

Really pushing Russian locomotive?

What you never push started a locomotive before? sent from my thunderbolt
  12. R

Burned out

I burnout and then resume operating my model railroad, does that count? I live in the eastern side of the 'Rust Belt' and though I love modern operations, their are many historical railroads in the county where I live. Some times I go on research binge and find cool facts nobody else cares...
  13. R

Simpson RR - Day in the Life

I love shortlines so I have to give that video a thumbs up. It helps us who model current shortlines a better viewpoint of how they are actually operated. Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  14. R

New here

Thanks Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  15. R

New here

I am new here. I have been a railfan and model railroader for years. I live in SE PA. Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)