Recent content by Rayonier

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. R

Simpson to close Shelton Mill.

http://kmasnewsradio.com/news/local-state-news/22683-simpson-lumber-to-close-shelton-mills I wonder what this means for both the Simpson Railroad and the PSAP.
  2. R

The Northwest Railway Museum officially announces steam program.

There was a concept design back in 2007/2008 that included a turntable and round house. The restoration shop and train shed are complete, and the Library and Archives is under development. As for the roundhouse and turntable I'm not sure if that is still in the plan or not...
  3. R

The two locomotives were moved today. http://www.trainmuseum.blogspot.com/2014/10/and-so-it-begins.html
  4. R

http://www.trainmuseum.blogspot.com/2014/10/steam-program-announced.html I find their choice of locomotives interesting, I would have thought 11 would have been the first choice considering that it ran the most recently. Although I seem to remember there being a reason beyond the boiler...
  5. R

What's been going at Mount Rainier lately.

I haven't heard much in awhile, so what's going on up there lately? I know they were opening some sort of museum last I heard.
  6. R

Puget Sound & Pacific opertions.

I recently moved from Bellingham to Olympia (well closer to Shelton really). Anyway, I'm curious as to what the rough operating schedule of the PSAP is.
  7. R

RSS overload!

Maybe its time to just ditch the RSS Feed I don't think anyone actually reads them.
  8. R

Interesting Talgo on B'ham Sub 11/27

Last nights 517 was cancelled due to equipment problems and did not get very far outside of Vancouver last night causing 510 to be cancelled this morning. I don't know that nature of the problem, but the Mt. Hood trainset was having brake issues last week (the brake on the bistro was sticking)...
  9. R

Olympia Branch Operations

I'm assuming that's the Timberland Regional Library System? and its all online you say? Well I guess I'll have to check that out tomorrow.
  10. R

Olympia Branch Operations

So I recently moved to the Olympia area and pass by locations on the Olympia Branch every now and then. So I got curious about what operations in 1980s and 90s looked like. I did some searching on here of course and found a few tidbits here and there. Specifically I was wondering if anyone still...
  11. R

Shay #7 leaves Camp 6 - Tacoma, WA

Well at least it will have a better home, just to bad it couldn't have stayed in Washington.
  12. R

Darby branch back in business

Why were there idler cars used exactly in this case?
  13. R

UP 1988 (The Katy) leading the Amtrak Cascades

I was on the southbound 513 this morning and noticed UP 1988 parked in the coach yard.
  14. R

Camp 6 Logging Museum Closed

I wonder what will happen to the shay.
  15. R

Florida Senate Bill SB 1246

Ironically I just knew the bill's sponsor was a Republican before I even clicked on the article.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)