Recent content by Ragnar

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Ragnar

Empire Builder Heritage Heads Up!

That must be what I saw at King Street this afternoon. (Two fuzzy cell phone pics attached).
  2. Ragnar

MRL locos heading to the scrapper

3/6/12 Are these MRL units still sitting at Schnitzer steel? Can someone from PDX provide an update?
  3. Ragnar

What kind of horn is this? (on BNSF #2083)

Magnet valve! Say it isn't so. You can tell how little I know about horns since I actually thought this one sounded good. :)
  4. Ragnar

I see Seattlerailfan even captured it in one of his videos...
  5. Ragnar

I hear a variety of horns throughout the day, some more melodious than others. This morning BNSF 2083 went by in Seattle and I thought, "wow, that's a nice sounding horn!" Can anyone tell me what kind of horn is on the #2083? Here's the best pic I could find online...
  6. Ragnar

Has technology really made the hobby (and your life) better?

Ok, this is not a new or very profound topic. But as I was sitting here looking at old photos in the "nostalgia" section on trainorders, I got to thinking that the railfan hobby was just as fun, and maybe more fun, back before digital technology invaded our lives. Digital cameras are fine, but...
  7. Ragnar

Wellington Video

(Revision of an earlier post.) Here's a photo purchased from Warren Wing's table back in the 80's. It shows Wellington in 1903. Was the motor shed built later on this same spot? Excellent video.
  8. Ragnar

North Coast Limited Video April 1968

Mr. Thompson, Your contributions to the 'net are always great! This film was really cool. Thank you for it. As for editing, I think you've got a good eye for what looks good, so whether you choose to put the still shots from TC Miller into this video, or make a separate video just for them...
  9. Ragnar

Genesee & Wyoming Inc. Completes Acquisition of Arizona Eastern Railway

Does the Arizona Eastern have anything to do with the Carrizo Gorge Railway?
  10. Ragnar

Comment by 'Ragnar' in media 'NEVADA NORTHERN'

Good one. Like the RS-3.
  11. ALCO RSD-4, Snoqualmie, WA

ALCO RSD-4, Snoqualmie, WA

Kennecott Copper Corporation #201, ALCO 1951 RSD-4. Northwest Rail Museum at Snoqualmie, WA.
  12. Ragnar

N.P. Railway University?

Not only that, but the school mascot should be a great big, bipedal baked potato!
  13. Ragnar

N.P. Railway University?

Northern Pacific (Railway) University? I was riding my bike past the U of Washington (Seattle) campus last friday evening on the popular Burke-Gilman trail. As the locals know, it was built on a former Northern Pacific branch. To my annoyance, a film crew had part of the trail blocked...
  14. BNSF in Woodinville, WA

BNSF in Woodinville, WA

On 03/10/2008, the BNSF local pulls across the Sammamish Slough in Woodinville, WA, as it turns on the wye. It will next switch an industry on the north leg of the wye, then engine 2741 will lead 2826 and a short, two car train to Bellevue. For this photo, I am standing on the road bridge...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)