Recent content by PNWhogger

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Morning Crossing

Morning Crossing

An empty coal train is heading back to the PRB after unloading at Consumers Power in Essexville, MI.
  2. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'Cascade Concrete'

Awesome there, Pickle!
  3. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'Haming Hogger'

Hey, I know that guy!
  4. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'FEC Reflection'

Thanks for the kind words and great ratings!
  5. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'FEC Reflection'

Taken on February 17, 2009.
  6. FEC Reflection

FEC Reflection

Our annual family vacation found us in St. Augustine, FL. I took a morning to do some railfanning of the Florida East Coast. I found train 226 crossing the San Sebastion River. Nice morning light and a lack of wind produced a nice reflection. Seeing an ex UP SD40-2 UP front was a treat for me...
  7. City Skyline

City Skyline

Two BNSF Geeps are about to enter the tunnel under Seattle. This overpass has fond memories for me. When I was in high school, our class took a field trip to Pike Place Market in April of 1981. I took a little excursion to watch trains and was rewarded with the sight of an ABA set of BN F units...
  8. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'Morning mail train arrives'

Things sure do look different there these days.
  9. Yellow Belly Hello

Yellow Belly Hello

UP Hogger, Bryan Baller, greets one of his fellow UP brothers at Hallville, WY. This was taken on the Foamers Northwest September railfan extravaganza.
  10. Starry Night FRED

Starry Night FRED

It's the first night of the Foamers Northwest annual September railfan trip and a UP local has passed our camping spot at Reverse, ID. The Big Dipper is visible above the scene.
  11. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'UP passenger train 61'

Very rare shot!
  12. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'Thunderheads'

I'd be running for cover about now. Nice capture.
  13. BNSF 4303 Leads A Baretable Across Nason Creek

BNSF 4303 Leads A Baretable Across Nason Creek

BNSF 4303 leads the BCHCSSE508A across Nason creek at Gaynor, WA. The crew was told that they would head in at Berne to wait for maintenance crews to get out of the Cascade tunnel.
  14. PNWhogger

Comment by 'PNWhogger' in media 'BNSF 4483 through the Bonneville Cut'

Jon, I did some good old fashioned railfanning on this one.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back