Recent content by Mo Tightwad

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'MP3102 WestBallas Rd Kirkwood Mo'

Thanks for sharing the great old photos you've been posting. It is a trip down memory lane and a quite pleasant one at that. Today's roads might be efficient as all get out, but they don't have the flair and color of the 60s, 70s and 80s.
  2. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'fF9s'

They made them bigger and they made them safer and stronger, but they never made them better looking.
  3. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'CN 111 DPU'

Did we make a wrong turn and end up in Kansas?
  4. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'CN Peoria local'

I believe that ICG and IC afterwards have to be some of the least photographed of all lines. Thanks for sharing a shot of them.
  5. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'BNSF 972558 Rotary Snowplow'

Bet this old gal saw tracks this year that hadn't seen rotaries for a while. Nice shot, thanks for sharing it. Also, I'm glad BNSF took the time to put that "Rotary Snow Plow Set" on the side, I'd had no idea what it was without it.
  6. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'Red, White and Geeps'

Both look pretty good in this age of blah. Thanks for sharing.
  7. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'Dickinson Wye'

Self Serve today! In the snow maybe one of few places NS units stand out.
  8. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'Rolling Through Banff'

CP should reprint their calendars just to include this shot.
  9. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'The Shot'

You make every place iconic. As usual, great shots over and over.
  10. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'SD60M at Apex, Missouri'

Thru the 70s and 80s I never thought I would hear myself say .. gosh I sure do miss those green BNs. Guess what? Nice catch.
  11. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'Picture_489'

Told 'em that tire looked almost flat!
  12. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'Ice Train 2009'

I am not a steam fan, never the less I have to admit this is a fantastic shot.
  13. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'Z-Train at Winton Washington'

If only that had been four Warbonnets instead of the pumpkins. Great shot anyway.
  14. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'Logger Along the Highway'

How much longer will they last?
  15. M

Comment by 'Mo Tightwad' in media 'GTW and Sun'

only in Michigan can the sun 'SET' in the morning!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back