Recent content by Memma1

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. M

Article on my Amtrak trip from Maine to Miami

Hi All If anyone is interested I recently published an article on me pre-COVID trip from Brunswick, Maine to Miami, exploring the east coast on Amtrak. It's published here: https://trainreview.com/article/exploring-the-east-coast-maine-to-miami-by-train I hope everyone is staying safe and well.
  2. M

Australia's West Coast Wilderness Railway

Hi All Another trip report if anyone's interested - this one is a little random but a super interesting trip on Tasmania's West Coast Wilderness Railway between the tiny remote towns of Strahan and Queenstown. What makes this trip interesting is the historic 1896 built steam locomotives that...
  3. M

California Zephyr trip report

Hi All - I'll keep posting a couple of my trip reports if they're of interest - particularly as travel is difficult for many during COVID! Here is my experience on Amtrak's California Zephyr riding from San Francisco (Emeryville) to Chicago - a great trip if you ever get the chance! Note - this...
  4. Amtrak's California Zephyr 152.jpg

Amtrak's California Zephyr 152.jpg

California Zephyr out of my roomette window on the passing train!
  5. M

Does anyone know if/when Amtrak will release schedules for its thrice weekly operation?

I haven't seen anything and they are still selling tickets on daily trains post October...
  6. M

Ship Strikes Panama Canal Railroad Bridge

Oh no - I love the passenger train that runs on that route!
  7. M

My trip on the Coast Starlight

If you're interested check out the article I wrote for TrainReview about my trip on the Coast Starlight - I'm not sure if the Starlight or the California Zephyr is my favourite US train - any thoughts?
  8. M

Talgo VI's removed from Cascades services

I'm not 100% sure. I know Oregon has 2 newer Talgo 8 sets that are going to remain in operation.
  9. M

Amtrak

Such a shame to see Amtrak reduce service on long distance trains to thrice weekly. I covered the story for TrainReview - I wonder if US passengers will adapt to a VIA style service or if this is a large nail in the coffin for long distance trains in the US.
  10. M

Talgo VI's removed from Cascades services

Did everyone see the last two WA owned Talgo VI's have been removed and Amtrak is moving Horizon cars to the northwest? Here's the article I wrote for TrainReview.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back