Recent content by MarkJL

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. MarkJL

CSX SD40-2 number 8354. Need information.

A friend of mine spotted CSX SD40-2 number 8354 two days ago with the new boxcar logo on it and said the locomotive appeared to be recently rebuilt, it had the newer push button controlled brake wheel on it and also appeared to have a newer control stand in it, the cab is the standard EMD...
  2. MarkJL

4 New BNSF Locomotives power train at Blasdell, New York.

I have some more I am going to post. Union Pacific uses their C44-9W's on low priority trains now such as unit rock trains. We get them on our railroad on the unit trains we receive every now and then. They are getting tired you can see where the CNW paint scheme is showing through in a few...
  3. MarkJL

4 New BNSF Locomotives power train at Blasdell, New York.

Four Brand New BNSF Locomotives lead Conrail Train BUEL (Buffalo, New York to Elkhart, Indiana) at Blasdell, New York. Two GE C44-9W's and two SD70MACS that were assembled Conrails Juniata Shops in Altoona, PA. Date recorded 5-15-99. Time 10:45am. Enjoy!
  4. MarkJL

NEW UP ES44AC Locomotives iding at Erie, PA. 2-14-09.

I recorded this video footage on 2-14-09 at Erie, Pennsylvania. Brand new Union Pacific ES44AC's await delivery west to the UP railroad by the Norfolk Southern. Listen to those GE's chug even while iding! Enjoy!
  5. MarkJL

I have been posting New GE Locomotives on my youtube channel from years past.

Now that I figured this out with the help of the search engine in this forum, This is what I wanted to do. Enjoy!
  6. MarkJL

I have been posting New GE Locomotives on my youtube channel from years past.

Hello All or as folks in Texas say Y'all. It has been awhile since I posted here on the railroad forums. Just to let anyone know who may be interested I have been posting video clips on my youtube channel from about 16 or 17 years ago. Included are New GE Locomotives that were built around that...
  7. MarkJL

New member in Jacksonville, FL

My story is somewhat similar ever since I was a little kid I wanted to be an engineer on the railroad. When I was 18 I almost got hired by the N&W railroad as they were needing brakeman at the time. The economy slowed down later that same year and that ended my chance of hiring on in 1979. I...
  8. MarkJL

CSX SD40-3 Question?

Can anyone tell me if the CSX SD40-3 rebuild program is still taking place. From what I have seen on the internet road number 4029 seems to be the last one that was completed. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  9. MarkJL

Hello from Tucson, AZ

Hello and Welcome from Northeast Texas.
  10. MarkJL

Greetings from TX

Hello and Welcome from Northeast Texas.
  11. MarkJL

Friday Railfanning in SE Texas

Great photos Mark. I always enjoy the pictures you post.
  12. MarkJL

24 Hours at Saginaw, TX

Excellent photos Mark. I plan on attending next years event. The area where you photographed UP locomotive 8458 with the BNSF SD70mac looks like a good spot, I would like to find some good areas to video trains around Fort Worth.
  13. MarkJL

DGNO Railroad Is Hiring

Just curios DGNO, does the DGNO run three 8 hour shifts or do you work 12 hour shifts? And where do you apply, I have a friend who is looking for a railroad job.
  14. MarkJL

Western Louisiana Jaunt

Great photos Mark. We have about 1 mile of trackage rights on the KCS in Greenville. I enjoy seeing KCS trains with their variety of power.
  15. MarkJL

Blacklands Railroad Shortline of the year. Railway Age Magazine.

I have been with the Blacklands Railroad for almost 1 year now and I can say Wayne is a Great person to work for. He will also jump right in to lend a hand with the work. Plus he is always looking for new customers instead of turning business away like the big railroads do at times. Two new...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)