Recent content by Leia

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. SP 4449

SP 4449

Headed east with an Amtrak unit in the consist, and a train of private cars headed east for Train Festival 2009 in Michigan. Near Maryhill.
  2. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'BNSF SD70 ACe'

Thanks Mile27, I think I was still crouching under that trailer at that point, keeping the lens dry.
  3. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'BNSF SD70 ACe'

Thanks, everyone. :)
  4. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'Shooting His Own Train'

And he told me he was working that morning! ha!!! LOL!!! Our new desktop. Thanks for sharing.
  5. BNSF SD70 ACe

BNSF SD70 ACe

After a crew change, BNSF 9154 slowly pulls a coal train into the Vancouver, WA yard. It was raining while I took this, but fortunately, there was a lone truck trailer in an adjoining parking lot that shielded me.
  6. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'K-Line Dusk'

Very nice and unusual shot.
  7. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'Scranton Sunrise'

An amazing shot. Love it!
  8. Union Pacific Surfliner

Union Pacific Surfliner

This image started with a shot of the Surfliner I took under a clear cloudless sky. I replaced the Surfliner with a Union Pacific train I took in Daggett during a dust storm, and added some skies I shot once in Hesperia.
  9. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'Roundhouse'

Beautiful. I love the 'action' and the lighting on this shot. Thanks for sharing
  10. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'X1'

Congrats, Bad on your low contrast entry. Also, I like how clean the detail is on the train and foreground. What is that interesting building off to the right?
  11. SP&S 700 Santa Train

SP&S 700 Santa Train

The SP&S 700 (4-8-4) pulling up to the BNSF Christmas Party in Vancouver, WA today. Lots of happy children and families were present, as were a lot of happy (and very cold) railfans! I was so choked up by the 700's impressive approach (the crew really put on a GREAT show) that words...
  12. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'NEVADA NORTHERN'

Beautiful shot. Especially impressed with your control of the whites and blacks in this. Well done!!
  13. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'X1'

exif data confirmed for contest by Leia via email and original image. Photo taken 12/02/08.
  14. Leia

Comment by 'Leia' in media 'Contest SAMPLE'

Thanks guys, and Bob....really. Opening all three photos, selecting the objects from the two and then just dragging the selections over onto the photo isn't that hard once you learn how to select them. Then it was just color adjusting two of the layers to match the sky....it goes fast. Trust me...
  15. Contest SAMPLE

Contest SAMPLE

Sample for a contest I threw together in a hurry tonight. A merger from three photos that I shot.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back