Recent content by kschmidt626

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

Wabash Cannonball Reborn in October 2013

Thanks for the nice comments and yes frozen fingers well worth it. Keith
  2. K

Wabash Cannonball Reborn in October 2013

Greetings, Just had a great weekend chasing the Nickel Plate #765 as it pulled a 16 car steam excursion on former Wabash track from Fort Wayne, IN to Lafayette, IN and return both days. The train ran WITHOUT A DIESEL so it was all #765. The weather started out cloudy windy and cool on...
  3. K

Steamin Up North with #261

Spent last weekend chasing Milwaukee Road #261 on its first trip after being rebuilt. The weather was weird with everything from sun, clouds, wind, snow and sleet. What a mixed bag but all in all a nice trip. Below are some of my shots from the trip and Night Photo Session. First...
  4. K

St Patty's Day Eve in SE WI 2013

Thank You for the nice comments. The trains seem to be moving through Milwaukee, just wish it warm up a bit. Right now its 32 and snowing. OH WELL !! Keith
  5. K

St Patty's Day Eve in SE WI 2013

Here are the shots I got on St Patty's Day eve 2013 in Milwaukee and then Duplainville. Plenty of trains out there and plenty of great power mainly EMD. Nice visit from the INRD, NS, UP and a host of others. Keith Former F40PH #90368 now a Cabbage Unit leads the 11am Hiawatha...
  6. K

Milw 261 Announces First Steam Excursion since 2008

Milwaukee Road #261 will pull its first excursion in 4 years. Mothers Day weekend May 11-12, 2013 the #261 will pull its train from Minneapolis, MN to Duluth, MN on the BNSF. The train will depart on Saturday May 11 and return May 12th. On Saturday there will be a Dinner Train from Duluth to...
  7. K

Soo Line #1003 Steamed Up and Running AGAIN !!

In 2010 there was alot of talk that the Soo Line #1003 2-8-2 steam engine had made its last run and was going to stuffed and mounted in a Wisconsin Auto Museum. Well thanks to alot of hard work and large donations by several Wisconsinites and others the #1003 has emerged from its 15 yr rebuild...
  8. K

IRM Nebraska Zephyr Glides across Illinois

This past weekend the Illinois Railroad Museum let its Nebraska Zephyr and its E5 run on the BNSF from Chicago to Galesburg and West Quincy and return. The trainset glistened in the bright sunshine both days. Below are some shots from the weekend. The weather was great both days. The...
  9. K

Nebraska Zephyr and Old Signals

With the announcement of the Illinois Railway Museum Nebraska Zephyr runnining on the BNSF mainline from Chicago to Galesburg in late September I have been doing some research on where to maybe get some shots of the Zephyr. I understand that the BNSF is replacing the old CB&Q signals with...
  10. K

18 Trains in 6 Hours and not Rochelle IL but Wisconsin

Thanks for the nice comments !! Keith
  11. K

18 Trains in 6 Hours and not Rochelle IL but Wisconsin

Headed out to Duplainville for what was supposed to be a sunny day on Saturday Sept 1, 2012. However the remnants of Hurricane Isaac kept things cloudy but comfortable temps. Trains were really running. 18 trains in 6 hours. Including several meets on the Canadian Pacific. Check...
  12. K

Busy 2 Hours on the Southside of Milwaukee

Thanks for the nice comments. I agree the INRD 90Macs are some great looking locomotives and they are massive. Sounded good climbing the grade out of Milwaukee. I'm not sure why there was someone in the cab of the second unit on Train CP #281. Possibly a deadhead move back home terminal ...
  13. K

Busy 2 Hours on the Southside of Milwaukee

Had one of the busiest Friday evenings in a while at what was one of Milwaukee's nicest railfan locations - Waterford Ave or Powerton for those who are older. It is still a great spot but the parking restrictions SUCK. Can't park any closer than about 100 yards from the tracks. Also the stupid...
  14. K

Some Neat Bright and Shiny Stuff in Illinois

On June 17 2012 I headed into Illinois with my final destination Cedar Rapids IA for the NRHS Convention. Along the way I stopped in Mendota IL and Galesburg. Saw some neat stuff CBQ caboose #14451 by kschmidt626, on Flickr Milwaukee Road Combine at Mendota IL by kschmidt626, on...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)