Recent content by KermitC

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Gone fishin'

All to be scrapped in the new future...
  2. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Green & White'

Go Transit MP40PH-3C 655 built around 2010. Part of batch 648-656.
  3. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'UP Megamix'

Nice. Much better then those SP patched up units I caught in Canora last spring.
  4. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Fog & Frost CP Rail #9663'

That just looks great! I can't wait to stop there for the holiday train!
  5. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Preserved RS-3s'

Don't forget the faux GN RS-1 at the West Coast Railway Association.
  6. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Elevator Switch'

Just noticed this line is up for abandonment...the remains of the Arcola subdivision.
  7. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'A Dash 8-41c on the CN PNL'

I wouldn't dismiss HBR so quickly. They still serve Tolko in The Pas and I'd assume still serve Hudson Bay Minerals for their zinc concentrator in Flin Flon. HBR also provides producst for many rural communities as I saw first hand through watching several flatbed cars get loaded with Betty...
  8. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Elevator Switch'

I was standing right there excatly one week two weeks ago!
  9. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'CTRW Sisters in action'

Yeah I caught them coming into town in the early evening. Interesting set of cars too.
  10. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Monday CN 853'

Nice catch. Gotta love the trailing unit's North American logo.
  11. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Soo #6054'

Great catch, gotta love the Soo line units. Steven, its not a GE unit, its EMD.
  12. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'LP-Tanker'

We get a couple hundred of those tankers every month to just sit in storage. Branchlines are used to store those cars many km out of town. You'll also see the ones with the 'remove' decal placed over the load type.
  13. K

Comment by 'KermitC' in media 'Empty Grain Eastbound'

There is something very awe inspring about a sunset grain train. Perhaps its because in the morning you'll rise to find cereal that is derived from the same grains found on those very trains.
  14. CTRW derailment Nov 2009

CTRW derailment Nov 2009

In an attempt to add a photo at least once a week, I thought I'd start with one from last year. Carlton Trail was just entering the Prince Albert yard with a load of grain, when the last three cars jumped the rails and carved a nice groove in the pavement. Several hundred feet of track had to be...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back