Recent content by KCSHogger

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

How to get a Interview with KCS

Looking at the comments, I would have to support what RCH says KCS is tough to work for, I was there 10 years, both in the agreement and non agreement sides, now employed with a different railroad. I would not recommend a career with them. I know someone on each of the Class 1s and have had the...
  2. K

Vomit Bonnet BNSF 9647

I saw some later model BNSF MACs today in the Chicago area, did not have a camera with me as I was working, but they definitely back up my thought of the awful looking paint on these locomotives. Orange faded to pink, one had primer where some repairs had been done, silver trucks and fuel tanks...
  3. K

Vomit Bonnet BNSF 9647

Its looked awful for years. I ran that thing in the lead on a loaded coal train Thanksgiving day 2006. It looked bad then, I can only imagine 6 years later. I dont think they should paint it back in the paint scheme it is. Maybe they will paint some more of their MACs, (8814 looks really bad)...
  4. K

Branchline Railfaning

Those cabooses were the last ones that the KCS ordered and were originally stainless steel.
  5. K

Questions For Employees.

Well, having worked for three different companies in several capacities now (NO I HAVE NEVER BEEN FIRED..EVER)( 2 class 1's and a short line), I can tell you this: Railroading is something that you have to want to do, however for most, they like to complain but when actually sat down and asked...
  6. K

Retired BNSF GP39's

Definitely think those units will be better for the TIBR than the Canadian rejects that dont make full HP until 22 mph.
  7. K

Retired BNSF GP39's

Looks good Mark, you guys take care down there in Silsbee. I miss some of you guys for sure.
  8. K

Caterpillar - Owner of EMD Locomotives

I sure hope they improve the quality control!
  9. K

Do you think EMD will ever build a DD90ACe?

Great to talk about, impressive drawings, but I hope not because it would be a piece of S*** for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully the company which I work for does not believe in locomotives any larger than the 4000-4400 hp range.
  10. K

BNSF MAC's in H3

Ahhhh.... theyre not that bad, and believe me, I have ran many of BNSF's all of the KCS or ex-TFM at one time or another since about 2004. The main thing to remember with the 70MAC type locos is that they are not designed for switching. The desk top control stand could stand to be replaced with...
  11. K

BNSF MAC's in H3

Anyone know if any of the SD70MAC type locomotives besides the 8987 and 9839 have been repainted into H3? A lot of the H2 units are looking pretty shabby these days. I think they should start with the 8814 if they havent already, it looked horrible last time I saw it. In fact, it has looked that...
  12. K

Bnsf 9647 one of a kind paint

My little boy loves this engine. I ran it on a loaded coal train on Thanksgiving day in 2006 on the KCS. Ran just like any other BN MAC does. My son says the white cigar band looks like a smiley face.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)