Recent content by jkchubbes

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. J

Comment by 'jkchubbes' in media 'Dutch door at night'

Great photo, that sure was a cold night/day. But we fought it out, haha. I wish mine would of come out like that, all of mine were crap.
  2. Pacific Parlour in the Morning

Pacific Parlour in the Morning

Passengers begin to make their way to the Pacific Parlour after our early morning departure out of Dunsmuir, CA.
  3. Rails

Rails

A different kind of photo of the BNSF Bakersfield Yard lead.
  4. J

Comment by 'jkchubbes' in media 'Coast Starlight on the 025 Track'

Well the train they were meeting was a "Z" train, which is the highest priority besides war time troop trains and mail trains. The delay though lasted 62 minutes.
  5. Coast Starlight on the 025 Track

Coast Starlight on the 025 Track

The Coast Starlight, number 11, sits on the 025 track waiting for the ZLCBR to pass.
  6. 1110

The vestibule is open on the 1110 car as number 11 sits on the 025 track waiting for the ZLCBR to pass.
  7. Tickets!

Tickets!

My dad is seen taking care of the Sleeper tickets for number 11.
  8. KFS Crew Room

KFS Crew Room

The Klamath Falls, OR Amtrak Crew room. This is the crew taking number 11 down to SAC.
  9. Baggage Work

Baggage Work

The baggage work being done at Sacramento
  10. Coast Starlight at Sacramento

Coast Starlight at Sacramento

The Coast Starlight is seen at Sacramento where it makes a crew change and fuels up.
  11. Coast Starlight Conductor

Coast Starlight Conductor

My dad is seen at the window in the 1110 car of number 11. We are just about to pick up a Union Pacific crew at Marysville, to take them to Sacramento.
  12. Coast Starlight Engineers

Coast Starlight Engineers

The engineers from the Coast Starlighr between SAC-KFS are seen below the locomotive (AMTK 120) they just got out of, another crew will be taking care of it to SJC.
  13. BNSF Track Geometry Train

BNSF Track Geometry Train

BNSF Track Geometry Train is seen tied down at the BNSF Yard in Bakersfield, it consisted of BNSF 6905, BNSF 6302, BNSF 81 and BNSF 50 (Rio Grande River)
  14. Oil Cans

Oil Cans

A creative shot of tank cars at the old Oil Cans facility.
  15. BNSF 4589 Emerging

BNSF 4589 Emerging

BNSF 4589 and train are seen emerging through the fog on the departure track at the Bakersfield BNSF Yard.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back