Recent content by gohogs

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Rare sight

Rare sight

Spent part of National Train Day in downtown Grand Prairie, Tx. and was fortunate enough to see a BNSF train on the UP..all tank train..don't know if it was a re-route or not..second unit is a warbonnet and if went past me so fast didn't get the number but it looked unpatched..
  2. UP Coal Train

UP Coal Train

A UP coal train led by a couple of worn out looking units, 7284 and former SP now patched UP 6406 slowly comes to a stop roughly 5 miles north of Waco (Texas) Bellmead Yard.
  3. G

Comment by 'gohogs' in media 'UPY2656'

we have quite a few here in the Dallas-Fort Worth area...the one in the photo above and a couple of more units work primarily Garrett Yard near General Motors in Arlington and there are some working Fort Worth area as well as BNSF gensets..
  4. UPY2656

UPY2656

UPY2656 Genset unit leads a string of empty auto racks through Grand Prairie, Tx., towards Garrett Yard near General Motors in Arlington.
  5. Triple Crown Train "24 Hrs @ Saginaw"

Triple Crown Train "24 Hrs @ Saginaw"

UP 4250 and NS 6609 lead the morning Triple Crown RoadRailer train through Saginaw, Tx., during "24 Hours at Saginaw". The train is just minutes from its destination a couple of miles south of this location.
  6. BNSF 5641 "24 Hours @ Saginaw"

BNSF 5641 "24 Hours @ Saginaw"

BNSF 5641 leads a southbound grain train across the diamonds in Saginaw, Tx., during the "24 Hours at Saginaw".
  7. UP 5984 "24 Hours at Saginaw"

UP 5984 "24 Hours at Saginaw"

UP 5984 passes the Saginaw, Tx, Chamber of Commerce and old depot during "24 Hours at Saginaw"..Railfan Rick Inselman grabs a shot as the train passes.
  8. G

Comment by 'gohogs' in media 'KCS ECO Units in Port Arthur, TX'

ditto to what Greg said...Greg, too
  9. G

Comment by 'gohogs' in media 'KCS Eco Units in Port Arthur, TX'

I'd love to live right there near the tracks...
  10. UP 7461

UP 7461

UP 7461 quietly leads a freight through downtown Grand Prairie, Tx...Grand Prairie has been a quiet zone for almost 9 mos...
  11. UP 844, Midlothian, Tx

UP 844, Midlothian, Tx

UP 844 in Midlothian, Tx..on its way to Ennis, then Corsicana and Hearne, Tx...Here it is on UP's Midlothian Sub (former SP line) under the 9th St bridge...
  12. G

Comment by 'gohogs' in media 'UP Train passing old SP depot, Orange TX'

I could see a restaurant there with a rail flavor..what kind of neighborhood is it? kind of reminds me of an abandoned two-story house in Big Sandy...If I hit the lotto I would love to buy it and refurbish it and either live there or turn it into a railroad bed & breakfast....
  13. G

Comment by 'gohogs' in media 'UP Train passing old SP depot, Orange TX'

could someone buy it and turn it into a railfan spot???
  14. Amtrak87

Amtrak87

Amtrak 87 leads Train 21 The Texas Eagle through what was the old Southern Pacific's Broadway Yard in Fort Worth...
  15. IMNLB-11

IMNLB-11

UP 7701 leads IMNLB-11 through Grand Prairie, Tx a day after a record snow fall of 12 1/2 inches...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back