Recent content by fulltritty

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. F

100 Years of American Steam - Spencer, NC

The whole reason for going to the North Carolina Transportation Museum, the star of the show: Western & Atlantic Railroad 4-4-0 No. 12, "Texas," restoration is unveiled at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, North Carolina on 29 April 2017.
  2. F

Lehigh Valley Coal Company 0-6-0T No. 126 is on the turntable in preparation to pull a caboose excursion train at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, North Carolina on 29 April 2017.
  3. F

Norfolk & Western J Class No. 611 is pulling excursion trains at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, North Carolina on 29 April 2017.
  4. F

CSX GP38-2 No. 2702, the "Spirit of Atlanta Franklin M. Garrett," is on display at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, North Carolina on 29 April 2017.
  5. F

Past Member Returning

Very nice. I love the new CSX logo.
  6. F

Past Member Returning

Thanks Bill. I plan on doing a lot of railfanning this year to make up for years past. I should be heading out to Point of Rocks this coming Saturday. I will be doing my annual Memorial Day trip to Altoona and have some days of railfanning planned in Chicago around my Sports Memorabilia...
  7. F

The North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer, NC will be holding a 100 Years of American Steam event featuring the return of the 1856 Texas steam locomotive fully restored. http://www.nctrans.org/Events/TEXAS-Restoration-Celebration.aspx
  8. F

Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus to Close

I already have the days marked on the calendar and am making plans on where I am going to try and catch it in March and April when it is on the East Coast by me. So sad that we will never see it running after this year.
  9. F

Past Member Returning

This is my first time here in quite a long time. I'm glad to see Bill Anderson still around who I was able to meet up in Everett and always enjoyed his pictures. I used to post tons of photos here and on my website and then my ISP crapped on me and for the longest time, I had nowhere to post and...
  10. F

MTA Officers Detain Man For Taking Photos at Station

In the almost 10 years I have railfanned MTA (MARC) stations at Brunswick, St. Denis, Point of Rocks, Halethorpe, Dorsey, and Bowie State University I have never seen an MTA police officer. :D

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back