Recent content by East Of Easton

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. East Of Easton

Milwaukee road trestle in Tacoma.

It also carried the final leg of the Olympian Hiawatha, prior to the mid-50's, to the old Tacoma Eastern depot just past Freighthouse Square. There are some great pictures out there of Manic Depressive EP-2 electrics crossing that trestle. Here's a little diddy I wrote up for a photo, talking...
  2. East Of Easton

Interesting Train on the Seattle Sub

Dunno? But I do know if you head trackside RIGHT NOW, 7:00 PM, you can catch U.P. 1996 (heritage) on the head end of a baretable. It should be heading north through Nisqually at the moment.
  3. East Of Easton

Advice Needed: Taking Cascades From Seattle to Portland

Of course if you ride the MAX you may not need to go to the Zoo. THE LIGHT RAIL COYOTE:D
  4. East Of Easton

Sound Transit's Missing Mile

I posted this thread in Oct 2009 (damn, time flies:eek:), with PDF... Sound Transit's Tacoma Extension Visualized ...when it was released for public consumption. As far as I know, this is still the "publicly known" final version of the crossing. The only major change from ST's initial...
  5. East Of Easton

TacomaRail in Olympia

Not only that, the grade is still intact in a few other visible locations, as well. There is a long stretch that parallels Capitol Way (Old U.S. 99) between the Deschutes Rv. and Trosper Rd.. It's behind the hillside, before Tumwater Valley. Farther south on Old 99, just past Plum, the grade...
  6. East Of Easton

Tracks in the Snow 2011

Man, that's what, about a class "50" rapids (at Sunset Falls)? You know I've only ever hear of one person to ever successfully shoot that thing and live. I'd like to see someone try in that weather; wicked! Thanks for sharing.:)
  7. East Of Easton

Tracks in the Snow 2011

Sweet haul for a wet weekend, folks! Night shots against a snowy backdrop always perks my interest. You might have been living in 2010, Ross, I was living in 1986 that weekend hoping for a Bears-Patriots Super Bowl. Even dusted off the Ditka sweater.:o
  8. East Of Easton

TacomaRail in Olympia

Been off the boards for a few days; I can try to answer some of your questions. First off, short of having some primary source info, trying to predict TR's operating schedule is like hitting a bulls-eye on a dart board while blindfolded, drunk, and spun around in a swivel chair beforehand...
  9. East Of Easton

Tacoma Yard Question

Physically closed, still active railroad wise.
  10. East Of Easton

Tacoma Yard Question

Just he opposite from a foamer's perspective. Now traffic zips through town with nary a whisper. :(

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)