Recent content by Dippo

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. D

Big Boy

Besides the ungodly price of restoration and maintenance it takes to maintain a big boy, what other reasons are there for not having one in operation? I remember hearing something about them being to large for the curves, but wasn't N&W 1218 bigger than the big boys? And if NS could afford to...
  2. D

Arkansas & Missouri on Cherokee Sub

Just saw 2 freshly painted (Or new) Arkansas & Missouri Alco's on the cherokee sub. Went by Miami, OK about 15 minutes ago. headed towards Springfield.
  3. D

Boxcar Camping along the narrow gauge

Steam engines, camping, the rocky mountains, what more could you want?
  4. D

Film Crew In The Gorge

That was some beautiful scenery there!
  5. D

Comment by 'Dippo' in media 'NS'S Norris Yard'

That's an odd looking steam engine :p
  6. D

We're Number 1!

I thought that was a model railroad at first glance! Nice shot.
  7. D

Up844 shiloh limited steam special

Thanks for the info Brad! Can't wait to see 844 again. What's wrong with the 3985? Hasn't been used since '10 has it?
  8. D

How to use this chart???

Thank you for that info. This line runs from Tulsa to Springfield, MO. Not much traffic, but the trains come by at a pretty persistent time everyday.
  9. D

How to use this chart???

If someone could help me understand what this chart shows it'd appreciate it alot. I know it shows train movements over the Cherokee sub, but the lines and "Count" is throwing me off http://www.codeline-telemetry.com/strings/bnsf_cherokee.htm
  10. D

Comment by 'Dippo' in media 'Cascade Green'

Rare? I didn't even know it was possible! Excellent shot.
  11. D

Video: BNSF Ethanol through the country.

I decided to test out my new tri pod in the country. So, here's a ethanol train going through a rural crossing in the country.
  12. D

1990s BN Power- Night Shots

Really like the 2nd shot!
  13. D

How many trains you see a day?

I didn't keep a chart like that, but I did keep a list of all the trains I see from the time I get back from school, to the time it gets dark. I only did this during the summer and 8th grade. I tried it for the first few weeks of HS but I've been way to busy to keep doing this. Anyway, I wrote...
  14. D

Comment by 'Dippo' in media 'BNSF 4712'

I feel like I've seen a video of this location somewhere on YouTube. Great shot.
  15. D

Surprises in Kansas City

Dang, all the good stuff comes when I'm not there!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)