Recent content by CzechTex

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. UP 7803

UP 7803

After a quick meet with a westbound, a stacker throttles up out of the siding in Sanderson and heads east for Del Rio.
  2. UP 1995

UP 1995

Sometimes luck just falls in your lap. Case in point: On the drive home from West Texas to DFW, I came across the CNW heritage unit sitting in the siding as a DPU unit for an eastbound manifest right next to a frontage road exit off I-20, with the sun also at my back. Pretty good luck when...
  3. UP 7875

UP 7875

A westbound stacker has paused in front of the ancient SP Depot in Sanderson for a meet with an eastbound freight during a late, cool November afternoon in West Texas. The truck in the background is departing the scene after dropping off a crewmember during the brief stop.
  4. C

Comment by 'CzechTex' in media 'A great find'

A twister? In THAT area of Texas?? Nah, odds are a flash flood would get it if the levees they built since the last major flood hit that town don't hold.
  5. C

Comment by 'CzechTex' in media 'A great find'

Don't forget the old SP water car they got stored out there that was built in 1943, and let's just hope that there's a chance to fix up the old passenger depot out there someday, before that place just collapses on itself. Oh yeah, and be sure to hit the Roundhouse Cafe when you through...
  6. Birthday Shot!

Birthday Shot!

I decided to hit Saginaw to snap some photos for my 25th b-day. Although traffic was kind of slow for being out there for a few hours, with this UP trackage rights freight over the BNSF Alliance Sub being the only train I bagged, the beautiful weather and good lighting made it a pretty decent...
  7. UP 9747

UP 9747

Westbound empty 'racks led by a former CNW unit maintains tracks speed while hustling through the small west Texas town of Sanderson on Thanksgiving Day, 2008.
  8. UP 3907

UP 3907

Westbound stack train shoots through Sanderson at dusk.
  9. UP 7822

UP 7822

A single ES44AC leads a baretable train over the interlocker at Saginaw.
  10. UP 4104

UP 4104

I decided to break in my new Sony a300 camera out at Saginaw over the weekend. I wish the sunlight was at a better angle for this shot, but overall, I'm pretty impressed with the camera's abilities, even in unfavorable conditions.
  11. C

Comment by 'CzechTex' in media 'SP 9721'

Thanks for the rates, y'all. Oh yeah, and Dave, I saw on here and on rp.net of the photos you took of this unit as well. What's crazy is that you weren't too far from where us, probably just a little further south from the interlocker.
  12. SP 9721

SP 9721

Finally, an SP unit in the lead, where it should be! GP60 9721 leads a southbound manifest past the interlocker at Saginaw.
  13. UP 1987

UP 1987

A UP GP60 rounds the curve and leads a rock train past the Reunion Arena and Union Station.
  14. Faded Glory

Faded Glory

TRE 568 waits around Union Station to pick up rush-hour commuters. I really hope they repaint the Lone Star on the locomotive soon......
  15. Busy Day in Downtown Dallas

Busy Day in Downtown Dallas

From right to left: A TRE commuter train is waiting for its next departure, the Texas Eagle has just stopped to pick up passengers, and a UP MOW crew is on the center main fixing a broken rail.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back