Recent content by BuddyBurton

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. BuddyBurton

IAIS 513 in Council Bluffs, Sept. 1, 2013

Betting he will be on the CBBI tonight.
  2. BuddyBurton

NS Cars in Georgetown, KY

To the crew, it would be music to their ears. ;) BTW, as someone else mentioned, they are used for sleeping/living quarters for the Track gangs. There must be some real work going on, on the CNO&TP.
  3. BuddyBurton

track & time question in CTC limits

You do not have to have a T&T on the UP. Usually they would call up the Omaha Dsp to let them know of how many moves they will do and request a signal indication if needed. There is one job that will go up the tracks about a couple miles to a warehouse to drop-off or pick-up cars. They call the...
  4. BuddyBurton

2012 NRHS Excursion Diesel Steam Combination

Great shots Keith!!! I even got some of my shots over on "eastern iowa railpics" under NRHS Rock Island Excursion.
  5. BuddyBurton

Amtrak #5 Detouring on the UP in IA

Here is Bill Meier's catch of today's #5 at Meredith, IL. http://youtu.be/KSsvaZG2H-c
  6. BuddyBurton

And Now, Some Frustration

stlgevo51-- The 2001 shots are still good. Nice catch!!! :)
  7. BuddyBurton

Occupy Portland "Mom" Puts 4-Year Old On Tracks

Occupy DNS and Occupy Jail would be where she'll be. ;)
  8. BuddyBurton

RRF member 'Gohogs' passes away

Condolences to the family from eastern iowa railpics.
  9. BuddyBurton

"Generations" of diesel locomotives?

Two Generations of locomotives ES44C4 BNSF 6688(left) and E5 Burlington 9911A(right) at Train Festival 2011.
  10. BuddyBurton

Shots from Train Festival 2011

That last shot is awesome!!!
  11. BuddyBurton

A Few From the Weekend

Looking good Bill. :)
  12. BuddyBurton

MTA Officers Detain Man For Taking Photos at Station

I don't have any love for the ACLU. Of course, we don't know the entire story so I will end my statement now.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)