Recent content by AustinPSD

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. A

Amtrak 88 Westbound at Glennwood Springs, CO

This is westbound Amtrak 88 pulling into the station at Glennwood Springs, CO. Amtrak #88 Westbound pulls into Glennwood CO by AustinPSD, on Flickr Amtrak #88 Westbound by AustinPSD, on Flickr Amtrak #88 Westbound by AustinPSD, on Flickr Amtrak #88 by AustinPSD, on Flickr
  2. A

D&SNGRR Trip

I had the opportunity to ride the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad on our trip - this was the first steam train experience for me. Overall, a fantastic ride. The equipment is in excellent condition, the crews are friendly, and the scenery is fantastic. I shot more than 1400...
  3. A

Glennwood Springs CO, Glennwood Canyon

These are shots I got on the second half of the Colorado leg of our recent road-trip, in and around Glennwood Springs CO. Glennwood Springs is west of Denver on the I-70 corridor, and forms the western gateway to Glennwood Canyon. I was able to catch a lot of the yard operations in Glennwood...
  4. A

UPRR 7655 Westbound near Marfa, TX

Here's UPRR 7655 headed westbound into the sunset outside Marfa, TX. I shot these from across the highway at the Marfa Mystery Lights Viewing Park, which oddly enough is a TX-DOT maintained park/rest area (very nice I might add) that was designed by a local Marfa Gifted & Talented program...
  5. A

UPRR 7674 Blazing through Marfa, TX

This is UPRR 7674 in the Marfa, TX crossing - he was blazing through town at what seemed like 60mph - 70mph! UPRR 7674 Blasts through Marfa, TX by AustinPSD, on Flickr UPRR 7674 in the crossing, Marfa TX by AustinPSD, on Flickr Engineer waves Hello, Marfa TX by AustinPSD, on Flickr
  6. A

Short-line: Pecos Valley Southern Railroad

During our 2012 Great Western Road Trip (aka vacation) I caught this possibly rare sight; a switcher on the siding in Pecos, TX with the Pecos Valley Southern short-line. Here are the shots: Pecos Valley Southern Switcher by AustinPSD, on Flickr Pecos Valley Southern Switcher by...
  7. A

Uprr - sait 4/21/2012

With the caveat that I'm still fairly new at this... I live west of San Antonio in Kerrville, in an area with no local rail activity. My experience at SAIT was moderate - although I was on public property, outside any fenced or signed area, we were still run off by UPRR security people...
  8. A

India 2012 - 12: M. H. O. W. - Metre Gauge to the Place without Name (50 p.)

Excellent photography and narrative! Thanks for posting these.
  9. A

Uprr - sait 4/21/2012

Here are a couple of shots of the UPRR San Antonio Intermodal Terminal (SAIT) , located in San Antonio near the junction of I-35 and Fischer Road. These were taken from the entrance overpass to the facility.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)