Recent content by auburnrails

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. A

Midwest Railfan Trip Suggestions

Alright, thanks for explaining that. It seemed unusual but didn't know what was up with it. -Dave
  2. A

Ok that makes sense. Thanks. :-) -Dave
  3. A

Forgot to post a picture (but will skip it since it's otherwise unnoteworthy) but I also saw an eastbound loaded coal drag that had 11 tank cars tacked on at the end after the dpu. I'd never seen that before and was wondering if this was a normal type of movement or just the UP's way of getting...
  4. A

Thanks Tom. The pic of the empty coal train curving around towards the crossing was I believe about 2 1/2 miles east of Arlington, Nebraska. I had to GoogleEarth it just now because I didn't take any notes. -Dave
  5. A

Here is a short video of the Council Bluffs-bound freight at Honey Creek, Iowa. It has a brief pause in the middle which I believe is an artifact of Windows Movie Maker. https://youtu.be/PuLlv5DXpfs
  6. A

A short video of a UP eastbound near Missouri Valley (not the whole train): https://youtu.be/PGbZhgzwf7g
  7. A

Here's the link to the video of the GE Tier 4 units on an eastbound intermodal near Emporia. While passing, a westbound grain train rolls by as well. https://youtu.be/1UPYYaKf1JY -Dave
  8. A

As I said, I'll have to upload some videos and share those on here as well. I'll see if I can do that today or another day, not sure. Thanks! -Dave
  9. A

Changing planes in DEN so will just share a quick close on today. I woke up to a beautiful day, which was awesome. Turns out my hotel was just over the hill from the IAIS yard so I started there with a few pics. THere were a couple of GE's and a few other units but not much else going on. I...
  10. A

Well, at 4am I was awoken by the blast of a horn so grabbed my phone and ran to the window. The inbound BNSF Bayard local was slowly rolling by so I grabbed a cellphone video of it. It's was very dark out so the video will be of lousy quality. The train had the 517/2572 (warbonnet and...
  11. A

Well, I'm nestled into my hotel room in CB tonight so thought I'd share an update of my trip. Pics will have to wait until I'm home and able to upload them. Hopefully some turn out. haha Yesterday and today can best be characterized as "disappointing" in a few respects. First, the weather...
  12. A

haha i used to read those articles like a sponge. The KCS of today is a very different railroad than the KCS of the late 70's (but then again, I suppose that's true for all of them). -Dave
  13. A

Thanks Joel. I appreciate the heads-up on the local. I might just bee-line to Grand Island/Gibbon tomorrow and spend my time on the Overland Route so that Friday morning I can perhaps check out that local. I remember following that line on GoogleEarth and it seems like there were a number of...
  14. A

Thanks again guys :-) I'm currently on my trip but don't have a way at the moment to post photos since most are on my camera and are not downloadable onto my iPad. I'll share a few things so far. Yesterday morning I arrived before 8am in Des Moines and grabbed my rental car. I drove...
  15. A

Thanks guys :-) -Dave

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back