Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2017

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


The hawk has adopted you, as most red-tails are very skittish and fly off when approached. I just read your comments in your photo stream. That is what the red-tails up here do: keep a one telephone pole distance between you and them.
 
I was out at a wildlife area (Grizzly Island) last weekend that also is near the Western Railway Museum. They were running the Peninsular Railway car, which started life back in 1903 running around the San Jose area. The museum tracks are on the former Sacramento Northern Railroad.
32411742044_160b301b57_b.jpg
A Trip into the Past by lennycarl08, on Flickr

I gave another one the "old time" treatment
33139775882_5ea30d4a3a_b.jpg
Built in 1903 by lennycarl08, on Flickr
 


In Altamonte Springs, Florida, they stop at the Ace Hardware, which has some vending machines.

At least, I hope that's why they go in there...
 
In 1963 or 64, the crew of the Burlington 5632 steam excursion train stopped at the Dairy Queen in East Lincoln NE. to get ice cream.
 







Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top