Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2017

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


I was starting to wonder how you are doing with all the rain down there. When I lived in Sacramento in the early 80's a levee in the San Joaquin-Sacramento Delta collapsed while a Santa Fe freight was traveling on it. Locos and some cars went into the water.
 


This is what ISO 1600 used to look like on my old 40D without shooting in the pouring rain. Alas, this is not camera noise but rain, and lots of it. I usually head up to the Sacramento NWR to shoot birds on the holiday, but I-5 and the town of Maxwell are flooded and all the areas are closed due to flooding as well, so I stuck around home, but just couldn't sit inside all day. I'm not crazy though, this was shot out the passenger window of my truck from the drivers seat, allowing me and the camera to stay nice and dry. Trains were rolling on slow orders due to flash flood warnings
32642675300_9dca34f791_b.jpg
Rolling Through the Storm by lennycarl08, on Flickr
 







Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top