Moving 844 from Center Plate to CB

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


IMG_2515.jpg
IMG_2522.jpg
IMG_2525.jpg
IMG_2528.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


wow, they back it up all the way past 10th street? Nice work.

I took a chance but was hoping they would, had to back up far enough to clear the block/switch to allow the dispatcher to throw it. And not really "backed" up.... same as when 844 was moved to Centerplate there were two units on the opposite end pulling up the hill. While I wish it was only the 844 doing the work I assume it wasn't brought up to a full steam for such a short trip.
 
Did the use a couple Geeps again? I always find that strange, not sure why they do it? Only thing I can think is that they want to pull the passenger cars and no push them on some of those curves?
 


I thought it was for the Passenger cars since they basically sit in a parking lot and people party on them for 2 weeks. Not sure I have ever seen them on any other train.
 
I thought it was for the Passenger cars since they basically sit in a parking lot and people party on them for 2 weeks. Not sure I have ever seen them on any other train.

Makes sense. We don't want the toilets running out of water after the first week. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top