Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.
Is UP going to have anything on display downtown this year? I know 844 is not due to the attention being paid by the steam crew to 4014.... just wondering if maybe the E9's or 6936 will be on display?
I have NO inside info myself , my only advice is to keep an Eye ON
the official UP Steam twitter and webpage for any announcement on what they wil do next.
I really really Sadly Looks like UP steam will NOT be attending the COllege WOrd series in Omaha this year 2018.
IF the were attending they would have posted a schedule for thwir move in May 2018, sadly that did NOT happen:
Here are UP stream program official webpages and twitter:
It's the UP 1943. By pure coincidence I was in downtown Omaha this morning. I decided to take a hike over the Missouri River pedestrian bridge to Council Bluffs. As I was parking I heard a diesel horn signalling the crossing just south of me so I decided to wait. Less than 5 minutes later I was presented with UP's College World Series "display train." I had earlier seen this thread and was motivated to check the UP website to see if I could find out their plans...I had no luck with that. Because of the zig-zag route used to get from Council Bluffs to this Omaha site UP 4500 & UP 4654 were used to pull the train northward in these shots. UP 1943 on the rear to pull into the CWS siding.