A Few Quick Shots

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


papio

Active Member
On the way to the Farmer's Co-op for kerosene, I noted a high green signal for a eb on the BNSF Omaha Sub at Gretna NE. I made a quick trip delay and waited for what was most likely the daily Lincoln-Lincoln (LinLin) local. After getting the kero, IO went to Ashland and caught an eb Mid-America coal train headed to Ottumwa IA with its 2x2x2 consist.
 

Attachments

  • 12.15.16...02.jpg
    12.15.16...02.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 416
  • 12.15.16...03.jpg
    12.15.16...03.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 464
  • 12.15.16...05.jpg
    12.15.16...05.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, you're pretty darn lucky. I rarely get anything in Gretna. I hear them from my church on Sunday morning and Wednesday evenings, but have never been able to catch one. I guess in the spring I will go there and sit and wait!.
Nice photos!
 
Nice catch Ed! I have never caught anything at Gretna either. That said, I don't usually try either, I figure if I am out that far west, might as well go a few more miles and catch stuff on the Creston sub where I know there will be action.
 
Well, I rarely catch anything there either and the only reason I did this time was because I needed kerosene for my bullet heater-fortunate timing :)
 



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top