Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. papio

    More Changes in Council Bluffs 10/28/16

    Thanks for the update Tom, lots of changes over there.
  2. papio

    My WA photos

    Nice group of shots, well done!
  3. papio

    Out and about in KCMO area

    Nice shots Jurgy-good to see you got the 844.
  4. papio

    UP Heritage Katy SD70 1988

    Nice catch!
  5. papio

    Just One

    Correct
  6. papio

    A Few Scanned Photos

    Thanks for the kind words Rick. I've got a couple more loose leaf notebooks around here somewhere. When I find them I'll have some more scans to post.
  7. papio

    A Few Scanned Photos

    A BNSF manifest. A little levity at the Amtrak Omaha Station.
  8. papio

    A Few Scanned Photos

    From 8x10 prints I made many moons ago... UP's first two Heritage units on display at their debut in Omaha NE. A shot of UP 844 on the Omaha sub near Elkhorn NE. One of the first "flag" units on display in Omaha NE in Nov 2001.
  9. papio

    Just One

    Only one shot from today's outing, a southbound (TT east) on the BNSF Council Bluffs sub. BNSF 8480 leads a string of empty hoppers approaching Pacific Junction IA.
  10. papio

    RoadRailers And More

    Had a chance to get trackside yesterday afternoon in Tolono IL (technically east of Chicago, but not that far so I ask your indulgence in allowing me to post here in my usual place:) ). Right out of the gate, I missed a nb CN manifest, but saw this NS wb RoadRailer awaiting its turn to cross the...
  11. papio

    UP Funeral train

    At least the stacks are capped, suspect most will find new homes.
  12. papio

    NS 9 1 1 leading on the NS Louisville District

    Nice group of photos, thanks for sharing.
  13. papio

    Caught another one!

    Nice shot Jeff. That unit still looks good considering its age!
  14. papio

    A Few From The Omaha Area

    That's from the Bay Road bridge Tom.
  15. papio

    Caught another one!

    Nice shot Jeff!
  16. papio

    A Few From The Omaha Area

    -Ashland NE -Bellevue NE -Plattsmouth NE -Louisville NE
  17. papio

    Today's Catch-UP 1982

    Thanks Tom. That's the first UP train I've seen on that line in ages (my timing's been off as I know they do use that sub quite a bit) and I was really surprised the 1982 was on the point.
  18. papio

    Today's Catch-UP 1982

    Caught the UP MoPac Heritage unit this afternoon on the UP Falls City Sub. First two shots are at Oreapolis NE$ and the third is at La Platte NE.
  19. papio

    SD40-2 Locomotives and Cabooses in 2016

    Good shots Brad.
  20. papio

    Really Slow Sunday

    Welcome home! Just my opinions but: Coal's on the decline due to conversions to natural gas as well as EPA regs. Oil trains are on the decline due to the glut of oil currently on the market. General freight is down due to a sluggish economy.



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top