Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


  1. papio

    First Train Of 2017, Ashland, NE

    Great shot on the Platte River bridge. The fog really adds to the scene.
  2. papio

    In Council Bluffs Today

    I heard the DS give them a warrant for work on the CB Sub, so I think they might have been headed to the Bunge plant. The game was fun, crazy noise level!
  3. papio

    In Council Bluffs Today

    Ventured across the river today and caught a couple of UP trains. --First up is are the lead units on a monster 3x3 wb manifest (in all likelihood, two good sized manifests combined into one train) --The second train I saw was coming off the UP onto the BNSFs' Council Bluffs sub. These are...
  4. papio

    Dec 24--San Antonio TX

    The last few...
  5. papio

    Dec 24--San Antonio TX

    Here are some shots from a couple hours trackside last Saturday afternoon. After a family lunch at a local brewpub, my oldest son and I headed to the area near the city's Amtrak station.
  6. papio

    A Six Hour Late #6

    Likely due to the "Polar Vortex" that's laid an icy grip on the nation of late, here are a couple shots of the title train as it traversed Oreapolis NE late this morning. Second shot is of one of the wrapped cars that will be used on the resurrected Ski Train (Denver Co-Winter Park Co) beginning...
  7. papio

    A Few Quick Shots

    Well, I rarely catch anything there either and the only reason I did this time was because I needed kerosene for my bullet heater-fortunate timing :)
  8. papio

    Couple Cold and Cloudy weekends

    Great shots in some frigid temps!
  9. papio

    A "Could've Been"

    Thanks Bob, kudos to Mr Biel! Guess I stuffed it in the notebook a few years later than the other contents.
  10. papio

    A Few Quick Shots

    On the way to the Farmer's Co-op for kerosene, I noted a high green signal for a eb on the BNSF Omaha Sub at Gretna NE. I made a quick trip delay and waited for what was most likely the daily Lincoln-Lincoln (LinLin) local. After getting the kero, IO went to Ashland and caught an eb Mid-America...
  11. papio

    A "Could've Been"

    Right off the bat, this is not my work and I don't know who to give credit to, but they did one fine job!. While looking for some Christmas letter stationary, I came across a notebook with a bunch of RR related stuff from around 1999. The attached photo was one of the things in there.
  12. papio

    It's Cold and Dark and it's only 9pm

    Nice catch Tom! Yep, it's cold and getting colder-gotta get thru this weekend and maybe it'll warm up a bit.
  13. papio

    Past Couple Weekends

    Nice set of shots Brad, thanks for sharing.
  14. papio

    Planes On Trains

    Thanks!
  15. papio

    Planes On Trains

    There seems to have been an increase in the number of 737 fuselages being shipped from Wichita KS to Renton WA recently. Last Friday I caught a wb with two and last Monday another two. Shots from Oreapolis, Ashland and Greenwood NE.
  16. papio

    Surprise catch!

    Nice catch Jeff!
  17. papio

    On The Hunt For Steam

    Finally she arrives...
  18. papio

    On The Hunt For Steam

    My son and I made a trek to see the UP 844 on its wb leg towards North Platte today. We did a little scouting and found locations east and west of Belvidere NE where the train was scheduled to make its first servicing stop of the day. Skies were unfortunately overcast and the temps hovered...



Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top