Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


work-train-near-horsecreek

  • Media owner
  • Date added
I was called for this little work train to finish cleaning up the carnage after a 25 car pile up on the Windermere sub. I had a good feeling we would be getting a caboose so I was sure to bring my camera and I am glad I did, managed to get quite a few keepers.

Hard to belielve that 25 cut up coal hoppers could fit into just 7 scrap gonds. Just enough room to clean it all up, we finished loading the scrap and reversed 15 miles or so to Golden that afternoon thus requiring the caboose as a 'platform'.

Media information

Media category
Maintenance of Way and Non-Revenue Cars
Added by
Date added
View count
2,860
Comment count
4
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top