Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


Bill T

What AUAR 3002 was missing

  • Media owner Bill T
  • Date added
I'm kind of new at this. What would you call it. Traction motor? Front truck?
I'm kind of new to this and an not sure what to call this. I know there must be a traction motor or motors in there, but what would you call the whole unit?
 
It is a truck. This one has 3 traction motors, one on each axle. The squarish thing on the left axle is the blower duct to keep the motor cool when running.
 

Media information

Media category
Western United States
Added by
Bill T
Date added
View count
3,180
Comment count
4
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top