Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


Snoozing RIC

Night work, yeh I cop a lot of that. After depositing our motive power on the fuel pit at Delec depot in Sydney back in 2001, while hoofing to the zona room, I spied Rail Infrastructure Corp 4819. I forget whether we were round-tripping or heading home passenger. Any hoo, I obviously had enough time to sneak back with the camera and plonk it down on a concrete block to snap this time exposure.
4819 was one of a couple of dinky toy DL531 950hp aussie Alco 48 class to have an exhaust conversion (scrubber) to permit them to work into the city suburban underground for track maintenance.
4819 now belonging to RIC, the component of State Rail responsible for the maintenance of the system.

Aussie Alco
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Media category
International Freight Trains
Added by
Date added
View count
2,711
Comment count
4
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top