Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


F

Smokin Up The Summit!

Why this hasn't exploded no ones knows. Maybe the crew was trying to burn it up, that might explain why they never shut it down?
I guess NS decided to convert some of their Dash 9s to coal. I wonder where the tender is at?
 
Unbelievable!! I can remember seeing similar shows with early GE's as well. Smoke belching, fire breathing, diesels.
 
YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop throwing more coal into the firebox; with that much coal in the fire,you'll have plenty of steam to push the driving rods back and forth. Wait a minute, thats a Diesel!?! That GE definitly thinks that it should out smoke the Alco's!!
 
running some vary fat fuel injectors on that loco!Thats going to cost us all at the pump!!!:mad:
 
T
I love shots like these....Great pic!!!!!!!!!
 

Media information

Media category
Western United States
Added by
Firehouse16
Date added
View count
19,936
Comment count
38
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top