Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


R

Mystery 40-2

  • Media owner Raildog
  • Date added
Caught on an eastbound BNSF junk train today, just east of Savanna, IL. The brake stand was out on the rear porch. Piping all over the roof, but no visible air tanks. Strange. Can anyone identify this one?
NREX 254? Should be a SD40-2 based on the NREX roster list on the "The Diesel Shop" website @ http://www.thedieselshop.us/NRE.HTML
 
I should have been clearer with my question. I know it's a SD40-2, that's why I titled it "mystery 40-2". I was wondering what the heritage of the unit was. Who is the blanked out entity? Etc, etc, etc.

I see by your link that it's an ex-QNSL unit. Now, what is the QNSL?
 

Media information

Media category
Central and Midwestern United States
Added by
Raildog
Date added
View count
3,577
Comment count
6
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top