Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


travelbear

Mopac 3222

Mopac 3222 (SD40) heads west behind Texas & Pacific Station in Fort Worth, TX in March 1981.
you, sir, brought a tear to my eyes..I grew up on the T&P and MoPac...I miss that MoPac blue..thanks for sharing..
 
G
I remember seeing MoPac trains in Dolton, Ill. I too miss the MoPac. Another great one gone. Dolton was fun in the late 70's!!! Glen
 
Great shot, I started railroad photography too late & was not fortunate enough to get any original Mopac on film. I never even got any Mopac in the Yellow UP like paint scheme. I may have started in time to get some Mopac, but I guess what I should say is I didn't travel to the places to see Mopac, until too late
 
R
Reminds me, all CN SD40-2's that are ex-UP (such as CN 5370) are ex-MP actually. They're pretty good on branchline duty, CN loves to send them there!
 

Media information

Media category
Union Pacific
Added by
travelbear
Date added
View count
3,293
Comment count
8
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top