Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


Dogface

LIRR at Mineola, NY

  • Media owner Dogface
  • Date added
A LIRR train in the station at Mineola, NY.
Cool shot. What was pushing?

Greg Elems
 
Greg

Sorry about not getting back to you right away.

On the LIRR I think they called it a "power pack". Its a depowered F unit tacked on to operate push pull.

They are all gone now. I may have a list of the units and where they came from. They also used some Alco FAs. LIRR had some unusual power on those commuter trains. I'll try to post some other shots if I get a chance.
 

Media information

Media category
Transit, Light Rail and Commuter
Added by
Dogface
Date added
View count
3,629
Comment count
4
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top