Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


Bob

IMG_0255

A trio of ES44DC's pass PA Junction in Everett, WA on May 10th, 2005.
C
Bob,

I'll give you 5 points for trying. The photo lacks contrast or "ooomph" for me. Also, the pole is hiding the 3rd loco.Aaaaaand the title is un-inspiring lol.
 
> The photo lacks contrast or "ooomph" for me.


I'll have to try adjusting it in Photoshop, though what you see here is pretty accurate to how it looked in the field...


> Also, the pole is hiding the 3rd loco.


It looks just like the other two. :) Meanwhile, I was much more interested in getting the signal and speed signs in front of the lead loco in the shot. I think they add to the image. Had I waited for the 3rd unit to pass the pole, it would have obstructed those, and maybe the curve too, which I also like.
 
Bob, these guys are tough judges!! Hope to run into you up in Everett one of these days.
 
> Hope to run into you up in Everett one of these days.

That's pretty unlikely. I was there a few times in the last couple of weeks for a project we did for Sound Transit. It's done now, and while Everett is a nice place to train watch, it's also 1-1/2 hour drive, so I doubt I'll go up there too often unless some other project comes up.

Tacoma and Seattle have some great spots too, and they're closer.
 

Media information

Media category
Western United States
Added by
Bob
Date added
View count
3,055
Comment count
5
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top