Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


NCphotographer

Crossing the Dead Horse

Former WP&Y 190 Crosses the Dead Horse Trestle
Great photo, thanks. Where in the world is Dead Horse trestle?
 
It's on private property at a park called Tweetsie Railroad that actually uses live steam on a 3 mile loop. They run it like an actual railroad, and use real narrow gauge equipment. Engine 12 was an origional ET&WNC engine, and they picked up 190 from Whitepass and Yukon.
 
Well, once again, where is this? I would assume North Carolina from your user name, and from the limited knowledge I have of the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina (ET&WNC). I hate to press the obvious point, but other folks accessing this information may not know that.
 
Sorry, I was tied up in the game before and I forgot to mention it's in Blowing Rock, NC. That's in the North West corner of the state. They put on a railfan weekend every year. When this year's information becomes available I am going to post it.
 

Media information

Media category
Bridges and Trestles
Added by
NCphotographer
Date added
View count
3,343
Comment count
7
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top