Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


Sutherland's CP IMS unit uses this little critter all the time to get around. The front grille must do wonders in collision protection against semis, GP38-2's, containers and giant forklifts! Although I've never seen it used to deliver cargo, it's fully equipped with safety stripes, a safety lamp (like a SOO SD40-2?), 4x4 capability and a diesel engine. Not bad for a "golf cart". The spacious interior provides room for one normal person or two very skinny people. The shops department uses a similar critter - a green John Deer. I guess it's more fuel efficent and better for the environment then running a pick-up truck around.

So why do I call this photo luxury? Winnipeg crews don't get this nice treatment, they have to ride around on ATV's with no protection against the elements!

Right behind the fence in the background is Central Avenue, the main street in Sutherland. This makes for great photo opportunities of the shop area. Here's a view from the other side of the chain link fence: http://tinyurl.com/yqrmlb
That's the cutest little motor vehicle that I've ever seen. I want one. And there's beer and/or wine right across the road. How handy.
 

Media information

Media category
Maintenance of Way and Non-Revenue Cars
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
3,586
Comment count
2
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top