Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


E

Biligou Viaduct 3

This view was taken just before the one in Biligou Viaduct 2..the shadows are racing towards the bridge...I zoomed in and took the #2 view, when the engine got to the big rock, the sun was behind the clouds.
I find the shadowed foreground area distracting and the stream/brook/creek takes my eye away from the focal point. The steam is nice against the dark cloud.
 
I agree with everything you said Steve, that's why I submitted the tighter shot first. This view was posted to show the shadow problems that were occuring very quickly,after reading your comments on view #2.
 
I keep having to remind myself how much zoom you get with digital, (I am still very much a film person), had you put the two shots side by side, because of the amount of tele, I would have said two different trains.:teeth:
 
The digital factor is 1.6 times the focal length. EG. I went out to 300mm on this shot so that comes out to....1.6X300mm =450mm !
 
Oops !....I went out to 300mm on the #2 shot, not this one, I was around a 100mm on this view.....of course factor in the 1.6 so it was 160mm's
 

Media information

Media category
International Freight Trains
Added by
engine3420
Date added
View count
2,821
Comment count
10
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top