Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


KenSz

Crawling into West Colton

BNSF 7556 leads the MBARWCL around the by-pass track and slowly approaches Pepper Ave. Shot @ 1/40 second at f/4 with an ISO of 1600.
Ken, I noticed the iso 1600 gave you some noise, but far less than I get at half that speed. Well worth the capture of a moving train and flag at night. AWESOME!!!! I can see that new camera is really working out for you.
 
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Thanks, Leia. It helped that the train was moving along more slowly than they normally do, and an added bonus was that the engineer turned off the ditch lights just as the train entered the main.[/FONT]
 
Very well balanced, Your shutter speed, f-stop and filmspeed all came together and gave you a very clean night shot. Let me guess, you have done this before, Huh? You did Good.
 
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Jon C. Thank you for the rating and comment. I have had some experience with night photography ;) , but this was the first time I tried to capture a moving train at night with the intent of not having a blur shot. The slow speed that this train was moving provided the perfect conditions. I was scrambling to change the camera settings after I first noticed this train.

Ken[/FONT]
 

Media information

Media category
Western United States
Added by
KenSz
Date added
View count
3,860
Comment count
9
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top