Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


Durand Union Station

  • Media owner
  • Date added
After a visit to Impression 5, a Lansing, Michigan science museum, I stopped with the wife with hope of catching some trains at Durand, Mi in the cold January sunset. Durand Union Station was occupied by the Amtrak employees, which were leaving after the International departed (as I got there). A CN train later appeared, but I had my camera off the tripod and any shot would have been bad. With my fingers numb on 22 Jan. I took several shots with the Nikon 4500 digital. This is one of my favorites because there are many old photos with several steam locos unloading and loading passengers. Those days are gone now, but the spot sure makes for a great spot for train photography, even when no trains are present.

Dan
What a wonderful low light shot of a grand old station.......
 
Taking the words from my mouth. Too bad I never was around in its heyday.

Dan
 

Media information

Media category
Sunrise, Sunset and Glint Photos
Added by
Date added
View count
3,208
Comment count
4
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top