Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


What is it?

  • Media owner
  • Date added
I know what this is, do you? :-)
Yep, been there and done that. (Don't tell anyone though, I don't want them to try and get me do it again... One advantage of being a bit overweight is that I can't fit into places like that as well as I used to, so I have to defer to the young guys!)

PS - For the big time extra credit points, tell us not only what it is, but WHICH what it is. :) (No, I can't say which one for certain, though it looks familiar and I can identify a certain feature it has.)
 
A
Dangit. Larry beat me. Boiler tube area inside a steamer. My guess of which? ATSF 3751.
 
You guys got it, it's the boiler tube area. Not 3751, that rig is fully operational still(remember it just ran last august, we just saw it parked at the Amtrak shop)
It's OERM's. I'm such a dork I forgot what it is. They last ran it about 2 years ago. It's being fixed up to convince the state it's still roadworthy. Otherwise, it would have to be parked and just drooled at.
 
A
The reason I guessed 3751? Because your location is "SoCal". Otherwise, I don't know enough about these things inside to know one from another! lol
 
Yeah I know :-D

The engine was almost ready to have the boiler pulled off and sent to a shop in Signal Hill which is suprisingly local to me. Didn't know any ol boiler shop would work on a great big locomotive boiler!
 

Media information

Media category
Tourist Railways - Steam Locomotives
Added by
Date added
View count
3,787
Comment count
8
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top