Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


P

Amtrak Metroliner

  • Media owner Photo Contests
  • Date added
A westbound Amtrak Metroliner is seen crossing the Delaware River at Trenton, NJ at approx. 3 PM on this date. This is one of the advantages of the digital camera. The disadvantages have all been deleted.

Because of the digital camera's lag time I had trouble centering the train between the cat poles. As a result I blew the same shot with the Acela and an E-60. Of course the fact that the Acela was doing about a 100 MPH and the E-60 about 60 did not help my timing. On the above shot I pressed the shutter as soon as the AEM-7 cleared the first cat pole and as you can see he was halfway to the second before the camera recorded the scene.

Photographer: Dogface
Good shot. I often had the same trouble with the digital camera I used until I figured out how to use the CONTINUOUS SHOOTING mode, to where you hold down the shutter and it fires 5-8 shots in a row. Try it and see if it works for you. Just make sure the flash is off or it won't fire rapidly as it waits for the flash to refuel.
 

Media information

Media category
Bridges and Trestles
Added by
Photo Contests
Date added
View count
3,133
Comment count
1
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top