Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


C

Hot Afternoon Freight

  • Media owner CzechTex
  • Date added
I usually go with the rule about not taking photos with the sun in your face, but this one surprisingly turned out good.
My most favorite place. It was even better when Tower 74 was there. All of the operators knew me and would let me sit in with them as long as I wanted.
 
Yeah, I always loved Tower 74, too. One dispatcher we knew there really well was a guy named Mr. Bankston. I always went there during the evenings on weekends to shoot the bull with him and find out if anything was coming through. It seems like after he retired in early 2000, the whole area just seemed to die. Just hope UP or Amtrak will make a new depot for people that have to wait out there in the heat or rain for the Sunset Limited.
 

Media information

Media category
Freight Cars
Added by
CzechTex
Date added
View count
2,211
Comment count
2
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top