Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


PhilG

Kalama River Bridge

  • Media owner PhilG
  • Date added
2/15/2004, Kalama River Bridge - Kalama WA
SB Coast Starlight
GE P42 Genesis
Amtrak 112
Dan:

Kalama is on I-5 approx. 35 miles north of Vancouver. The bridge can be seen from I-5 just north of the large grain dock at the port of Kalama. Here's an aerial photo of the location - the bridge is adjacent to the little piece of the industrial park that sticks out on the east side:
http://www.portofkalama.com/Industrial/KRIndustrialPark/pdf/industPk1.pdf

The I-5 exit at the top of the photo is (I believe) Kalama River Rd. Both the north and south sides of the bridge are easily accessible from the freeway frontage roads.

Trains are traveling at track speed here so be very careful and use a faster shutter speed than I did.
 

Media information

Media category
Amtrak and other US Passenger Trains
Added by
PhilG
Date added
View count
3,994
Comment count
10
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top