Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


CP 9618 West at Bear Creek BC

  • Media owner
  • Date added
  • Tags Tags
    cp
CP 9618 emerges from the Western portal of the Mt. Shaughnessy Tunnel, Rogers Pass BC
R
For some reason when I saw the photo I thought it was a model. :)
 
R
For whatever reason the mountain and nearby suroundings look like they are from a model kit, also the locomotive is very popular for modelers. Just my 2 cents.
 
> why?

Probably due to the tunnel portal and surrounding grass. Between the concrete and the neatly trimmed grass, it looks like a model.

By the way, are you sure this is the western portal? I thought I recalled seeing the west portal next to the old mainline, which would be to the right in your photo. I'm not sure if I'm recalling correctly or not though...
 

Media information

Media category
Tunnels
Added by
Date added
View count
5,747
Comment count
9
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top