Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.


H

Old Switch Engine

ATSF 1450 at Topeka BNSF Shops. This I believe to be a Baldwin or Fairbanks Morse unit.
I didn't know that "thing" still existed. It's a Baldwin with a GP7 shorthood and trucks.
 
Sure is - I can't remember if it was a VO1000 or S12 originally. Somebody loves that baby.
 
I was quite surprised to see the unit there as well. Thanks for the expertise in properly identifying it. I remember seeing those in use at Santa Fe's Hobart Yard in Calif when I worked there in early 60's and couldn't remember if Baldwin or Fairbanks Morse. Couldn't match it in spotters guide either. Again, thanks for the expert help.
 
Couldn't help the clutter, this was as close as I could get and I was balanced on car bumper and fence as it was. Waiting for one of the hawkshaws to come shoo me away.
 
Santa Fe called this an SWBLW, railfans call it a "Beep". Cleburne shops combined a Geep hood, engine and trucks with a Baldwin VO-1000 switcher frame and cab.
 

Media information

Media category
Industrial and critters
Added by
hootervilleham
Date added
View count
4,148
Comment count
13
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top