UP 4014 BIG BOY.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Welcome to RailroadForums.com, your home for trains on the web!

Bill Anderson

Good shots.
Just a pipe dream, but I wish the UP or a private group would restore 4-12-2 #9000, the sole survivor of its class, to service. That would compete the set of iconic UP steam locomotives in operation.
http://www.railgiants.org/union-pacific.htm

Bowing to reality, I'm sure maintaining three operating steam locomotives will keep the UP steam shop busy for the time being.

Last edited:

CGW101c

CGW Fan
I too would have liked to hear and see a 9000. But a 3 cylinder long wheel base locomotive would not allow the kind of tour the UP was thinking. UP was thinking BIG! Great shots Allan.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.