up

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. UP 2010 at Liberal

UP 2010 at Liberal

2010 stops at Liberal Depot while pulling UP Inspector Special on the Pratt, Kansas Sub.
  2. Calimus Curve

Calimus Curve

A northbound Union Pacific Z-train works it's way up Calimus Hill north of Chiloquin, OR.
  3. Lining in at Devils Slide

Lining in at Devils Slide

A local from Green River is about to use the center siding to drop off loads at a local cement plant. UP was operating left-hand during this time.
  4. Up Sun downer

Up Sun downer

One of the first shots with my New D300s Nikon
  5. UP 4845

UP 4845

SD70M 4845 leads a Northbound baretable train past a water spout near the North switch at Wicopee. The water spout and nearby tower still had water flowing through them, so it appears that the water spout is still usable.
  6. UP 4208

UP 4208

SD70M 4208 leads a Northbound manifest train through a cut at Wicopee.
  7. UP 5333

UP 5333

UP 5333 leads two other C45ACCTE's "elephant style" on a Northbound manifest train at Wicopee siding on UP's Cascade Crossing. The SP signal bridge will be replaced at some point in the future, part of UP's re-signaling project in Western Oregon.
  8. Local power

Local power

UP SD60M's now used on locals
  9. UP 3556

UP 3556

UP 3566 heading towards the South St. Paul Yard.
  10. UP 2010 and 1988 at Parsons, KS

UP 2010 and 1988 at Parsons, KS

Side view of UP locomotive Special 2010 and UP "Katy" 1988 on display during Katy Days in Parsons, Kansas.
  11. Derailed UP Car 75179

Derailed UP Car 75179

I stopped to take this photo of a derailed car out in the middle of nowhere. A Kansas state trooper stopped to see if I was having trouble, and told me it had derailed some years ago and just simply left where is, as is.
  12. UP 2010 at Katy Days Celebration

UP 2010 at Katy Days Celebration

UP 2010, renumbered to honor Scouting USA on its 100th Anniversary, appears at Katy Days celebration in Parsons, Kansas for public viewing.
  13. Quick Turn to Monolith

Quick Turn to Monolith

The UP 8314(EMD SD70ACe) and another unit are hustling a block of cement hoppers from the yard at Mojave to the cement plant at Monolith, California on March 10. The crew will be pleased today that they can set out these empties, pick up their loads and be on there way back to Mojave in less...
  14. Leaving Winter Behind?

Leaving Winter Behind?

This southbound UP mixed manifest just above Caliente, California last March 9 is moving a lot of power taken from storage. Will the units be put back into service as the economy recovers or will they go to scrap?
  15. A Long Way from Colton

A Long Way from Colton

This pastoral setting is a long way from Colton, California and the urban sprawl of the LA Basin. Last March 9 the crew on the UP 5458 (GE ES44AC) will see snow showers, high desert and Cajon Pass before they tie up in Colton.
  16. Lonely Pusher

Lonely Pusher

Over 50 years ago, when I was a young buff in Oregon, helpers were manned by an engineer and fireman. Last March 8 UP 8249 (GMD SD9043AC), pushing a UP mixed manifest toward Bakersfield, California, is controlled by a box.
  17. Winter Passes Above Caliente Creek

Winter Passes Above Caliente Creek

The engineer of this northward mixed manifest last March 8 may be thinking about how the UP 5412s (GE ES44AC) winter grime contrasts with the greening spring time hills above Caliente, California.
  18. What Kind of Power?

What Kind of Power?

The power on this set of UP locomotives at Monolith, California depend on the judgment of the engineer. The wind mills on Pajuela Peak depend on the random action of the wind.
  19. UP_CSUX_JOINT_LINE_North_Colorado_I-25_Greenland_Exit

UP_CSUX_JOINT_LINE_North_Colorado_I-25_Greenland_Exit

20. Building America

Building America

A General Electric ES44AC idles in the Mojave, CA yard on March 7, 2010 waiting for a call on the turn over to the cement plant a Monolith, CA. The conductor may be wondering how long the work will last with the collapse of construction in California and Nevada.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back